Wednesday 1 October 2008

Katherine Gorge

The very next day I cought the Gahn again continuing my travels heading north.
We stopped close to the little town of Katherine. Who wanted was able to take part in a couple of activitys like exploring Katherine Gorge!

What a stunning beauty. Just the perfect day to enjoy it!

Here we habe to change boots because the river is to shallow.


A crocodile trap!!!

Finally we arrive in Darwin. After taking the shuttle from the station to town I checked in with the local YHA [with 71% it had the lowes rating of all YHA’s] I have to say it looks like it. Run down with jumble sale furniture. After a short stroll along the park I searched for alternative accommodation. Even so it seemed that all places are pretty much alike. I made a booking with the Youth Shack. They have security storage and I planed to leave my valuables with thwm whil being on tour.
Photos taken durring the walk through the park.




Sunset in Darwin.

No comments: