Thursday 9 August 2007

Au pair/ Nanny Job

Job advertisement:

Kerikeri, Bay of Islands - Experience the "kiwi livestyle" on a beautiful costal farm! The Job: Live-in position - minimum 3 months, caring for and stimulating 3 year old twin boys, housework and some food preparation. Apply for this position if: You love toddlers! You have experience caring for children. You are motivated to provide them with a wide range of activities to keep them happy. You are happy to help with the housework. You have a sense of humor! Good English. You have a driver's license and preverably you own car - it's a ten minute drive to town! The Familie: Mum is a Doctor, Dad a Property manager, they are both home-based but busy. Big brothers 14 & 11 are at school during the week. The Place: We live in a large house with stunning water views on a 25 acre farm. Kerikeri was recently voted as best small town in NZ. There are many gorgeous beaches near by. Conditions: $200 per week plus free food, laundry and accommodation in own large bedroom. Two days free per week to explore the area. 24 hour internet access with webcam.

E-mails:

Hello Debbie, My name is Julia Daniela Luethje. I am a 23 jear old girl from Germany. In April I arrived in New Zealand with a Working Holiday Visa and with intent to stay for up to 12 months. I am interested in your job advertisment and would like to work for and live with you and your family. I am prepared to stay at least three months and would love to do my best, so that we all enjoy our time together. At the moment I stay in Paihia and work in a Backpackers for free accommodation. Before that I worked in the Bay of Plenty and picked Kiwifruits for eight weeks. I do have my own car and if you would like to, we can meet to get to knoweach other. I would love to meet Thomas and Jacob to find out if they would like to have me around. I am look forward to hear from you! Kind regards, Julia P.S. My Mobile Phone No. is 0273533109.

Dear Julia, Thank for your message. I tried to call you on your cellphone today but did not get through. Have you had any experience working with pre-schoolers before? What did you do in Germany since you left school? What are your hobbies and interests? Is there a landline at the hostel I can call you on? I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Debbie

Hi, Great to talk with you. Here are the directions we'll see you at 2pm. We are 10 mins out of Kerikeri. All the best Debbie

Hi Debbie, I am so sorry, that I was not able to make it today! And I am even more sorry, that I send you the SMS at very short notice. The Reason is, that I felt good enough to drive in the morning, but collapsed on me bed afterwork. I thought again about the job durring the day and decided, that it might bebetter, if I not work for you. Because my experience with pre-schoolers is quite limited and it is quite a big responsibility to care for them. Thank you so much for your encouragement! All the Best! Julia

Hi Julia, If you are not interested about the job because it does not appeal to you then fine. However if you just feel underconfident then maybe you don’t need to worry. Our first 2 nannies had limited experience with young children yet it worked very well. Chris and I are around home most of the time as we are both self employed so you not left on your own particularlyto start with. We will give you guidance on what to do with them and how to manage them. You could come for a day or two to see if you liked it. Do you want to reconsider? Regards, Debbie

Dear Julia, Our current nanny who was planning to stay until the end of august has just told us she has to leave in the next week as her mother is not well. Would you be interested in coming to meet us, then if we all think it s a good idea come for a 3-4 days as a no obligation trial?Thanks for your consideration, Debbie

Dear Debbie, thank you so much for your offer, but unfortunately I am going to leave the Bay of Islands to trevel down South. Regards Julia

Ok good luck to you Debbie

No comments: