Monday 23 March 2009

Sunny Saturday!

Saturday! Yay! The first sunny day since I arrived. Decided to take the day off and to enjoy. The sun and everybody are out and enjoy Stanly-Park. I join the crowd and walk the 8km seaside walk around it. Only now do I truly realize, that I am in Canada. Finally after all that time.
A plaque near the rock (pictured) claims that it is "Skalsh the unselfish," who was transformed by "Q'uas the transformer" as a reward for unselfishness. Named unselfishness in this case was that Skalsh asked for a good future for his village instead for something just for himself. The Rock shall be a reminder for all of us to think of the greater good and not just ourselves.

A bridge. But what for one - Wow!

With the mountain in the background.


The other side of Vancouver...



The mountains, the sea, the rockconstruction. It has actually a name and it's function is to serve as a landmark and to greet travellers.


A squirrel. Isn't it cute and fluffy and brow and cute and oh I would love to cuddle it!


Flensburger Foerde oder nicht Flensburger Foerde, dass ist hier die Frage!!!



The yellow stuff on the right in the picture is sulphur I have been told. It gets send to Japan and other Asian countries and they use it for production and as fertilizer...


And here they are - my first Totem poles. OMG I am in the land of the native Indians. A childhood dream come true...


The eagle represents the kingdom of air, the whale the lordship of the sea, the wolf the genius of land and the frog a link between the land and the sea.

No comments: