Monday 30 March 2009

Vancouver all over in one day I

Somehow do these bloody pictures do not show up in the bloody order I took them, whatever.
This is a sculpture by the native people which shall express Welcome. Yeah, sure mate!
Hard to see I admit but the right one is male and the left one female.
If you look closely you will see that too...
[Should have taken a shot sideways.]

I was shocked - absolutely shocked. A no-go area in a land of freedom - or so I thought. But then I do admit that the native people have not been treated all that kind in history and maybe they deserve their very own space. Of course I went behind that sign anyway.
Wanted to take the pic's below.

Isn't it beautiful even gorgeous? This silver church...


With the snow toped mountains in the backdrop. Could not take good pics though cause I was somewhat in a hurry - worried I might get towed away for being disrespectful...


Indigenous woodwork. In a park. For everyone to take pictures. :)


A sculpture on hmmm... Street. Doesn't matter. Close to the harbour anyway. It kind of represents a Totem pole in contemporary art I think...


Oh man, isn't he cool? Another sneaked picture. A moment ago the posture was even better but one does not want to be to obvious now do we?


Hahaha! Kind of Russian puppet building style I would say! ;)


Aaaaaaand here he is. The prove. The prove Lady's and Gents that they exist. Even in Vancouver! What I am talking about? Palm trees of course?!

No comments: